Carbon Monoxide can be deadly–early detection monitors are a great way to keep your family safe

Monitor the carbon monoxide level in your home if gas, kerosene (or wood) is used to create heat or for cooking. Carbon monoxide does not have an odor, and its concentration can rise to hazardous levels. Carbon monoxide detectors do not sound the alarm until a certain amount of monoxide is present. Carbon dioxide monitors can show you the exact amount in the atmosphere at any moment, so that you are able to react before it reaches the dangerous zone. You can choose the best Co2 detector for you in this site.

The air you breathe contains a lot of carbon dioxide.

The main toxic combustion product that occurs when wood, gas or kerosene are burnt to heat the home or cook food is carbon monoxide. Formaldehyde is another combustion by-product.

If fuels are not burned completely, carbon monoxide is produced. Fuel-burning appliances require air to ensure that the fuel burns efficiently. If there’s a plentiful supply of fresh, clean air available and your fuel is burning correctly, the risk of poisoning will be minimal. If the air is not properly ventilated or the appliance doesn’t work correctly, then carbon monoxide will be released. The gas can eventually overcome an unwitting bystander and cause death.

Years before I was ever born, carbon monoxide from my grandmother’s gas fireplace almost killed her. By chance, someone saved her.


Knowing what symptoms to watch for can help you identify carbon monoxide. The body will let you know if the carbon monoxide level in your home is excessive. Different carbon monoxide levels and exposure times can produce different symptoms.

Mild carbon monoxide poisonings are sometimes mistaken as the flu. Symptoms of mild carbon monoxide exposure include fatigue, sleepiness, faint headaches, dizziness and flushed, reddened skin.

With continued exposure, mild symptoms develop into severe throbbing head pain, confusion shortness and breath, vomiting as well as an increased heart rate. Constipation and unresponsiveness can be signs of cardio respiratory collapse and imminent death.

It is important to evaluate whether you have been exposed to carbon monoxide if anyone in the family has experienced flu-like symptom.


Carbon monoxide can be detected in the home by two devices.

Carbon monoxide sensors sound alarms like smoke detectors when levels are dangerous. Like a smoke alarm, these are affordable, but they will only notify you when your carbon monoxide levels have reached dangerously high levels.

Carbon monoxide alarms sound when the levels of carbon monooxide reach dangerously high concentrations. This monitor costs around $50 but shows you how much carbon monoxide is present at any moment. Monitors can help you detect low-level carbon monoxide emissions, ensuring the safety of everyone in your home.

Leave a Reply